Tuesday, September 10, 2013

4,000 candidates

In the US, we supposedly have 4,000 people over the age of 104. I actually read this statistic in a foreign newspaper while brushing up on my language skills. It seems unbelievable that there should be so many, but still, that's pretty amazing.

So going along with my geritocracy idea, that would mean that we would have plenty of people over the age of 100 for key governmental positions, including congress, state legislatures, and local administrations, without having to dip into the younger population for what are now elected positions. Those are readily taken care of, assuming that most of these people pass the Reagan Standard.

Like I tell people, it isn't as though I think this could ever happen. It's just fun to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment