Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day Off

Yesterday, thanks to serendipity and work scheduling, I had the day off and mostly to myself. I used some of the time to go for a nice walk through the local (more or less) trail system, enjoying part of it I had never seen before.

That includes this pedestrian bridge over one of the many state highways in the area. In person, it's a bit more impressive. The path leading up to it is about six stories in elevation change, according to my FitBit.

One side leads to a hotel and office park. The other, to nice houses, new construction, and a trail that follows the power lines. Not a lot of nature, but a decent walk, what with the elevation change and partial shade.

I really loved listening to some music and having time to myself. Today, if I am very lucky and my partner the least bit cooperative, I'm going to an actual nature area where our dog can go swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment